Peer review process
The journal uses Double-Blind Peer Review.
All received articles go through the procedure of reviewing . The tasks of review - promoting strict selection of authors' works for the publication and making the concrete specific recommendations for their improvement. The procedure of the review is focused on the most objective assessment of the content of the scientific article and the defining the compliance with the requirements of the magazine and this includes a comprehensive analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of article materi
The independent experts are often involved to enhance the quality of the review process. They represent their conclusion in writing.
The review procedure is anonymous for the reviewer, and for the authors. The main purpose of the review procedure is the removal of the cases of substandard practice of scientific research and to ensure the coordination and compliance the balance of the interests of the authors, the readers, the editorial board, the reviewers and the institution where the study was performed. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific significance. In addition, the reviewers determine the matching of the article to the principles of ethics in scientific publications and make recommendations to eliminate their violations.
The reviewers are notified that the manuscript sent to them is the intellectual property of the authors and is reportedly not subject to disclosure. The reviewers forbid to copy provided for the review article or using of the information about the content of the article before its publication. The review takes place with regard to the principles of confidentiality, according to which the information of article (terms of reception, contents, stages and features of the review, review comments and final decision of the publication) is not reported to anyone other except the authors and the reviewers. Violation of this requirement is only possible if there are signs or allegations of inaccuracy, or falsification of article materials.
In the case of receipt of the reviewers any comments on the article, it is returned to the author for revision.
Sent by the author the article after completion is sent for re-review.
The final decision about the publication of the article after the review takes the editor in chief.
The editors reserve the right to reduce and fix the provided articles
Articles sent to the authors for correction should be returned to the editorial board no later than 10 days after receipt. Returning of the articles in later periods changes the date of its receipt to the office.
Authors have right to appeal against editors’ decisions on manuscripts acceptance or rejection.
Order of author’s appeal submission:
- When an author does not agree with the editor’s decision on the manuscript acceptance or rejection, he/she should address the Klinichna khirurhiia journal in written form specifying the reasons of his/her appeal.
- A commission for the conflict settlement consisting of editorial board members is formed to consider the author’s appeal.
- The editorial staff decision can be changed in the cases when:
- the author presents additional facts not considered at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the author presents additional materials not considered at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the author presents information concerning conflict of interests not presented at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the authors expresses concern about the prejudiced review report.
- When it is necessary, the editorial staff may refer to another reviewer before making the final decision.
- When arguments are satisfactory, the commission for conflicts settlement makes proposals to change or retain in force the initial decision about the manuscript publishing.
- The editorial board makes decision about the manuscript acceptance or rejection basing on the commission for conflicts settlement conclusion.
- The editorial board decision after the initial decision review is final and cannot be disputed.